UPDATED TIMELINE FOR THE APOY AWARD!
The 2025 Assistant Principal of the Year will be announced in Fall of 2024 and recognized at EdCon25 with their concurrent Principal of the Year. MASSP & MASC/MAHS has updated the Assistant Principal of the Year timeline for Michigan to simplify and align more with the National association’s timeline. Below is the updated timeline and process for the MI APOY award:
- April 15, 2024 | Applications Open
- September 13, 2024 | Applications Close
- September 13 – 15, 2024 | MASC/MAHS BOD/Executive BOD meets to review & select top 3
- September 16 – 20, 2024 | MASSP Board reviews the top 3 applications
- September 20 – 30, 2024 | Nominees & finalists notified of their current status for the award and will be recognized to MASSP & MASC/MAHS Membership via Email or E-Newsletter
- October 2024 | Announcement of APOY 2025. Finalists will be notified of their status closer to the announcement date.
- December 2024 | National application for APOY due in December for the Michigan APOY 2025 Winner
The Assistant Principal is one of most unique and important roles in education. Working side by side with students, teachers, administrations and community members, assistant principals where many hats and take on many responsibilities during the school year. Their effort and dedication to building excellence provide opportunities for student growth and school-wide achievement.
MASSP and MASC/MAHS recognize one outstanding secondary school Assistant Principal for their work to progress student activity groups, school leaders and their building culture as the MASSP and MASC/MAHS Assistant Principal of The Year. The Assistant Principal of the Year is selected by the MASC/MAHS Student Board of Delegates and the MASSP Board of Directors.
Before accessing the APOY application, use the following link to see the items and information needed to submit your application
Check out all award application rubrics, past examples and helpful hints at the Award Information page.
(when digitally submitting, be sure to collect all required information before beginning the submission process)