Why Host a Blood Drive?
Blood drives are an excellent way to be recognized as a leader in your community, business, educational institution or place of worship. They are rewarding to host and provide leadership and project management opportunities for employees. Your blood drive helps maintain a safe, stable blood supply, for patients in your community who rely on your donations.
An added benefit: by making blood donation a charity of choice you will also position your organization or business positively to potential employees and customers. Many customers and prospective employees are drawn to organizations associated with a cause. In fact, 87% say they would switch doing business with one brand in order to work with one that gives back to the community.
Versiti Celebrates Dedicated Blood Drive Hosts
You, as a Host Coordinator, are an extension of Versiti and an ambassador in your community for our mission! The Beacon Club was designed to recognize your commitment to saving lives by hosting blood drives. As part of the club, you’ll experience:
- Welcome email
- Our exclusive Beacon Newsletter
- Opportunity to share your story and be highlighted in our newsletter or on social media
- Milestone recognition for donors
- Personal recognition from your Account Representative.
What are the steps in hosting in a blood drive?
Our blood drive planning timeline checklist offers a checklist of what you should do and when, but here’s an overview to ensure that your blood drive will go as smoothly as possible:
- First, contact Versiti in your preferred region (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin) or complete a blood drive interest form and discuss possible dates and the size of your group. If you plan to host the drive at your facility, our staff will stop by to look at the room you have selected to ensure there is adequate space, lighting, outlets, etc.
- Then, we recommend forming a committee to divide duties such as logistics, recruiting and decorating. Versiti staff will provide drive materials and will remain in contact with you to answer any questions.
- On the day of the drive, Versiti’s mobile crew will arrive before the start of your drive to set up all equipment. After your drive has ended, our crew will break down all equipment and transport it away.
Get started today
For more information on hosting a blood drive, compete the school interest form and start your journey to hosting a successful event with Versiti!